Apply in person at the Humane Society of Washington County, Inc. or download a job application that can be printed, completed, and mailed to our offices. You may also download and complete the form, and email it to email@example.com.
The Humane Society of Washington County offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested qualified candidates should submit resume, cover letter, one letter of reference and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are valid for 60 days. If you have not heard from us within that period, you will need to reapply. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Full Time and Part Time Customer Service Representative
Responsible for customer service activities associated with the receiving of animals and/or donations, returning animals to their owners, switchboard activities and adoption of animals. Greet visitors, answer questions, provide assistance and/or direction as to public concerns, and assist delivery personnel. Maintain records associated with front office activities. Actively supports the mission and vision of the Humane Society of Washington County. Is an example of animal guardianship in the community.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, has a high school diploma or GED, valid driving license with clean record.
- Must be available to work daytime, evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Ability to operate a computer and knowledge of commonly associated software programs.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to follow instructions as given in either form.
- Ability to handle stressful and/or difficult situations as presented by visitors, staff and/or volunteers.
- Ability to safely and humanely handle, restrain or move healthy, sick, injured, or diseased animals.
- Ability to identify animal species, breeds, ages and sexes.
- Ability to work in environments with possible exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, traffic hazards, pathogenic substances, animal attacks or animal bites.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, work with all species, and have the physical ability to maintain balance, stoop, crouch, and reach over your head.
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to communicate effectively the policies & procedures of the Humane Society.
Please ensure you have the required qualifications prior to applying for this position.
Interested candidates may send an application and resume to email@example.com
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER: This job description is not a contract – management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Humane Society of Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a 501 © (3) non-profit. We are not a county agency and have no county employees.
The HSWC is a tobacco free facility.
The HSWC complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. The HSWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.