Apply in person at the Humane Society of Washington County, Inc. or download a job application that can be printed, completed, and mailed to our offices. You may also download and complete the form, and email it to email@example.com.
The Humane Society of Washington County offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter, one letter of reference and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are valid for 60 days. If you have not heard from us within that period, you will need to reapply. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Animal Care Supervisor
General Purpose of the Position
Supervise all Animal Care personnel and volunteers to ensure the humane care and treatment of all animals, the cleanliness and safety of the environment and the efficiency of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites
- Work cooperatively with all HSWC departments to ensure smooth efficient communication and work flow and quality animal care.
- Ensure all Animal Care staff adheres to the policies, procedures, and laws.
- Prepares and implements disciplinary action according to policy/procedures
- Ensures adequate training of Animal Care Staff and volunteers as related to department policies and procedures.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment to reduce injuries and control disease.
- Ensure all adoptable animals are physical and behaviorally healthy according to current polices & procedures.
- Prepare all Animal Care staff schedules and work assignments and prepare time cards w/ hours worked
- Assist with interviews and selection of employment candidates.
- Ensure adequate supply of cleaning, medical and euthanasia supplies.
- Ensure the humane care, housing and handling of all animals.
- Ensures that off site adoption facilities and animals are maintained according to policies/procedures
- Ensure shelter, storage areas, animal housing areas and prep rooms and clinic areas are sanitized, neat, and organized.
- Ensure medical care is provided to all sick/injured animals as directed by a veterinarian. And/or according to current polices/procedures
- Ensure the timely and appropriate selection of animals for euthanasia, foster care, rescue and/or behavior assessments.
- Work closely with breed specific, non-profit, rescue groups
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Maintain inventory of animals.
- All other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous supervisory/management experience working in a high paced work environment.
- Previous animal care, sheltering, or veterinary experience helpful.
- Preferred Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT).
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong leadership and supervisory skills
Basic knowledge of animal breeds, animal health, sex and age of animals.
2. Basic math skills to calculate medication dosage for animals.
3. Good interpersonal skills, communication skills.
4. Basic knowledge of open admission shelter operations.
5. Ability to work w/ limited supervision and make decisions based on policy/procedures.
6. Willing to become euthanasia certified in the state of Maryland.
7. Basic computer skills.
8. Insurable driving record.
9. Ability to be vaccinated with pre-exposure rabies.
10. Basic knowledge of labor and human resources laws.
Interested candidates may send an application and resume to email@example.com
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER: This job description is not a contract – management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Humane Society of Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a 501 © (3) non-profit. We are not a county agency and have no county employees.
The HSWC is a tobacco free facility.
The HSWC complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. The HSWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.