Apply in person at the Humane Society of Washington County, Inc. or download a job application that can be printed, completed, and mailed to our offices. You may also download and complete the form, and email it to email@example.com.
The Humane Society of Washington County offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested qualified candidates should submit resume, cover letter, one letter of reference and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are valid for 60 days. If you have not heard from us within that period, you will need to reapply. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Animal Care Technician Level I-Full Time and Part Time
Working under the direction of the Animal Care Manager or their designee, the Animal Care Technician functions as part of the Animal Care team – working independently and collaboratively to provide a clean, safe, healthy environment for the animals, staff, and visitors of the Humane Society.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the ACT include but are not limited to:
- Providing prompt and courteous first point of contact for clients while showing adoptable animals – from small mammals to livestock.
- Minimizing disease transmission by maintaining high standards of cleanliness of all animal and public areas.
- Following all protocols to provide basic care to all animals including but not limited to:
- Medical care and treatments
- Disinfection and Disease Control
- Food Bank
- Humane Euthanasia
- Behavior and Training
- Rabies Clinics and Adoption Events
- Maintain proper opening and closing procedures for the facility.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail and client service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate animal care vehicles including vans, box truck, and horse trailer.
- Availability to work daytime, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Formal animal care experience is a plus
- Candidates must be committed to treating animals with kindness and respect
- Assist with inventory and restocking
- Report all damage and needed repairs for equipment or facility to the ACM or their designee.
- Transport animals to various locations as needed following standard state laws.
- Deal with conflicts, questions, and problems in a professional manner and with consideration for the good of the
- Follow the HSWC Standards of Conduct.
- Ensure shelter, storage areas, animal housing areas, and prep room area are neat and
- Ensure ACM or their designee is aware of animals in need of medical care.
- Perform humane euthanasia and prepare bodies for rabies testing as directed (when trained)
- Filling in for other areas and performing other tasks/functions as directed by the ACM or their designee.
- Follow all procedures established to maintain a safe work environment including using Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), safe animal and chemical handling, reporting all near misses and accidents
- All other duties as
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER: This job description is not a contract – management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Humane Society of Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a 501 © (3) non-profit. We are not a county agency and have no county employees.
The HSWC is a tobacco free facility.
The HSWC complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. The HSWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.