15th Annual Pooch Plunge
We were expecting to get wet, but not THIS wet! Due to a stormy forecast, the Pooch Plunge at Marty Snook Pool will NOT take place. Stay tuned early this week to see if we are able to reschedule it! Stay dry, friends!
What: The Pooch Plunge gives dogs a chance to enjoy a dip in the pool as summer comes to an end!
Why: Raise funds to help animals in need at the Humane Society of Washington County
Corporate Sponsor: Hearty Pet
Cost: $5 per dog (Additional donations are welcome! There will also be raffles this year!)
Who May Attend: General public, friendly dogs (more details below)
When and Where:
Plunge 1: Wednesday, September 5 from 6-8 pm at Claude M. Potterfield Pool, 730 Frederick Street, Hagerstown.
Plunge 2: Monday, September 10 from 6-8 pm at Martin L. “Marty” Snook Memorial Park, 17901 Halfway Boulevard, Hagerstown.
- Dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination.
- Owners are limited to two dogs.
- Dogs must wear a collar with proper ID at all times.
- No dogs in any stage of heat may participate.
- No puppies under 4 months of age may attend. No exceptions will be made.
- No children ages 12 and under are permitted to attend without the supervision of an adult 18 years or older.
- Spring Mills Veterinary Hospital will be onsite providing pet first aid.
- A fundraising raffle will be held during the event.