COVID-19 SHELTER UPDATE 5/17/20
As Maryland enters Phase 1 of reopening, we would like to give an update on how we are moving forward with the gradual process of returning our operations to how they were pre-Coronavirus outbreak. Procedure modifications will occur as follows beginning on Monday, May 18:
• We will continue to accept stray animals at the facility Monday-Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm.
• We will continue to find our animals homes through the Remote Adoptions process. If you are interested in adoption, available animals can be viewed in our Adoption Gallery and you can fill out an Adoption Interest Form for them. Forms are reviewed on a first come first served basis and an Adoption Counselor will contact you after your form has been reviewed. Please note that all adoptions will continue by appointment only and an Adoption Interest Form MUST be completed in order for an appointment to be made. (http://hswcmd.org/adopt/adoption-gallery)
• We will resume accepting owner-surrendered animals via appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled by calling the shelter at 301-733-2060 extension 208 Mondays-Fridays from 10am-6pm. The Private Rehoming resource will continue to be available on our website as an alternative to surrendering your animal to the shelter. (http://hswcmd.org/private-rehoming-owners)
• We will be limiting the number of patrons in our facility to 10 at a time. All visitors and staff must wear a mask at all times.
• As much as we dearly miss everyone, at this time the shelter is not open for volunteers or general visits with the animals.
• We will continue to execute thorough cleaning protocols regularly.
Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding throughout this entire pandemic. We are not at the end of the tunnel yet, but we are starting to see some light and can assure you that we are doing everything possible to keep our staff, animals, and the general public healthy and safe throughout the process.